2016 Eden Summer Camp Volunteer Recruitmentpublish date : 2016-05-20
Camp Information and Registration
There are 2 camps. Volunteers are free to choose one or both camps to participate. We cordially welcome friends from everywhere around the world!
Camp Information are as follows:
Camp1. Summer Camp for Youth with Visual Impairments
Location: Banqiao Taiwan Friends Church
Service Target: Junior, senior high school and college teenagers/youth with visual impairments
Theme Description: With English songs, sport-related teaching materials, and creative teaching aids to expand the worldview of the visually impaired youth
Camp2. Yilan Multicultural Summer Camp
Date: 8/15(Mon.)~8/17(Wed.) (training from 8/9~8/12 formal camp period)
Location: San-fu Leisure Farm
Service Target: Children of Recent Immigrant Families
Theme Description: Raise awareness of multiculturalism through music, dancing, singing, drama, cooking and other activities
*Camps 1 and 2 will require a fee to cover for the volunteer’s own food, insurance and other administrative costs
Volunteer work description:
1. Eden Social Welfare Foundation is one of the leading NGOs in Taiwan serving communities at home and abroad with more than two thousand employees over the last thirty-four years. As a Christian NGO, Eden remains steadfast over the years to our commitment to serve people with disabilities as well as other communities in need, including low-income families and survivors of disasters, to name a few.
2. Since 2009, Eden has held summer volunteer programs, inviting youths from all over the world to serve local communities in Taiwan.
3. Eden summer volunteer programs include English teaching and multicultural activities with local primary school children and teenagers from recent immigrant families, marginalized communities and students with visual impairments. (Volunteers are expected to work together to design creative activities such as singing, dancing, cooking or handcraft from their cultural backgrounds.)
4. As members of underprivileged families or marginalized communities, job opportunities are often limited for the parents, and children are often raised by their grandparents. Many young participants of the program struggle in school due to the lack of support and resources at home. Students with visual impairments also face the same, if not greater, challenges.
5. Eden International Volunteer Project is designed to empower these children by giving them the opportunity to learn English and fun activities that would allow them to see different cultures around the world, thus motivating them to learn.
6. In addition to serving underprivileged communities in Taiwan, the program also aims to offer the volunteers a chance to experience Taiwanese culture. Throughout the years, Eden has established close relationships with local communities in Taiwan, and hope to make an impact on the lives of the volunteers.
1. Successful candidates must participate in an orientation and training prior to their camps.
2. Prospective volunteers with disabilities are encouraged to sign with the precondition that they are capable of independent travelling. Volunteers must have their travel plans and accommodations fully arranged before arriving in Taiwan. Eden Social Welfare Foundation can provide assistance where possible.
3. Applicants who are 20 y/o and above are preferred.
4. Members of Christian communities are encouraged to apply while applications from all prospective volunteers are considered regardless of religious affiliation.
5. Applicants with special skills in singing, dancing, performance art, cooking, storytelling, or team-building are most welcome.
6. Potential candidates for our programs must demonstrate a respect for diversity,
7. Please note that we cannot review an application until we are given the names and contact information of at least two referees due to legal requirements. Your referee could be professors or teachers at higher education institutes, volunteer supervisors, or pastor or priest of your local congregation. A copy of "Police Record Certificate or Certificate of Good Conduct" should also be submitted if available.
8. Please submit proof of Chinese language proficiency (if available).
9. Each applicant must fill out the online registration form.
10. Applicants will be notified for an interview once they have passed the first stages of our evaluation.
If you have any question, please contact Nina
Tel: +886-2-2230-6670 ext.2104
How To …
Guide for New Students